If your principal's main residence alarm system is going off at 2 in the morning, can you turn it off? Technology awareness goes a lot further than 'becoming a hacker' or learning to code. Today we are delighted to speak with Paul Nieto III a Physical Security Technology Manager about how the EP profession is modernizing but in a much more accessible way than many might fear. Join us as we ask:
- Where should the executive protection professional go to augment their technology skills?
- Are CTF (capture the flag) exercises and games really just as complicated as a crossword or a sudoku and can anyone try them?
- How does technology awareness compliment career development to become a 'trusted security advisor'?
- How can physical security professionals embark on becoming a security technology manager?
- Are some EP professionals still reluctant to familiarize themselves with technology?
More about Paul:
Paul brings a unique hybrid skill set from physical security operations, technology, and penetration testing with over 18 years in physical security which also includes the US Navy. He brings a red team mindset when implementing physical security technologies. He has led security teams, managed GSOC’s, and has innovated physical security technology with key integrations, metrics, and dashboards. Paul has also built out and led key programs such as executive protection, guard forces, crisis management, travel security and physical security red teams. Paul stays highly active in both communities (physical and cyber) keeping up with the latest threats and trends.
About some of the training mentioned by Paul:
More about the Circuit:
The Circuit Magazine is written and produced by volunteers, most of who are operationally active, working full time in the security industry. The magazine is a product of their combined passion and desire to give something back to the industry. By subscribing to the magazine you are helping to keep it going into the future. Find out more >
If you liked this podcast, we have an accompanying weekly newsletter called 'On the Circuit' where we take a deeper dive into the wider industry. Opt in here >
The Circuit team is:
- Elijah Shaw
- Jon Moss
- Shaun West
- Phelim Rowe
Connect with Us: